Century is proud to offer additional training sessions throughout the year to help players further develop their individual skills. The focus of these sessions are on individual technical development in an environment that involves a coach to player ratio of 1:12.
Cost $185 (Checks made payable to "Century United" will be collected at the first training
The CTTS program for the fall on Friday nights will be for members of our Red teams, the Academy age groups and members of community programs. The program is under the direction of Paul Child and Mike Blatz with the support of the Century coaching staff. The sessions are on Friday evenings from 7:00 - 8:15 throughout the fall season at the Century field in South Park. The CTTS program will take place on the following dates:
September: 8, 15. 22, 29
October: 13, 20, 27
November: 3, 10, 17
If you have any questions, please contact Paul Child
The MAIN OBJECTIVES of the Century Technical Training School:
- Ball Mastery: Emphasis on each player working independently with the ball using both feet and all surfaces of the body. Dribbling, juggling and footskills are the main focus of ball mastery. Repetition is the key!
- Passing and Receiving: This will involve exercises to improve a player’s touch and increase accuracy.
- 1 vs. 1 – Dribbling & Tackling: Exercises which teach moves that can create space and be used to beat defenders as well as teaching proper defensive principles and tackling technique.
- Finishing: Exercises and games that teach proper techniques for finishing as well as nurturing instinctive play.
- Heading and Winning 50/50 balls: emphasis on proper heading technique and winning balls in the air.
- Speed, Agility and Quickness: total physical training to increase performance and prevent injury